Kentucky Woman Pleads Guilty in Pregnant Woman's Death
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - A Kentucky woman has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to killing an expectant mother and taking her baby last year.
Kathy Coy of Morgantown entered the plea Friday. Family and friends of the victim, 21-year-old Jamie Stice, looked on, all wearing pink ribbons. Stice's baby boy survived the attack.
Coy pleaded guilty to three counts - murder, capital kidnapping and kidnapping. The plea deal calls for her to receive life in prison without parole when she's sentenced March 1.
Stice's remains were found off a dirt road in Warren County near Bowling Green less than a day after she was seen leaving her house with Coy.
- Suspect Pulls Out Pregnant Woman's Hair Weave
- Slain Woman's Family Pleads for Justice
- Florida Woman Pleads Not Guilty in 'Toxic Tush' Case
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- Missing Woman's Remains Found in Texas
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Philly Abortion Doctor Guilty in 3 Babies' Deaths
- Georgia Soldier Gets Hearing in Death of Pregnant Wife
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years - Now She's Getting a New One