Purple Squirrel Puzzles Pennsylvanian Couple
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
A couple in Pennsylvania found this unusual looking squirrel in their backyard.
Yep ... it's purple.
After they found the oddly-hued critter, they trapped it and took these photos.
They have no idea why it's purple, but everyone has a theory.
A curator at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium says some animals take on the color of what they eat.
In this case however, the squirrel may have come into contact with some sort of dye.
- Couple Gets Married During Tropical Storm
- Michigan teen makes prom dress out of Starburst wrappers
- Teen gets hit by bus
- Two car crash sends water shooting into the air
- Wildfire burns in Colorado
- Alligator attacks man
- Black Bear Falls From Tree
- Bear Goes For A Dip In Swimming Pool
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- World's Fastest Land Mammal Sets New Record