States Sue Government Over Birth Control
Seven states have filed suit against the Federal Government over a contraceptive mandate.
The federal rule requires religous employers to offer health insurance coverage that includes contraceptives and other birth control services.
Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Florida and Texas filed the lawsuit.
They say the mandate is a violation of the First Amendment and The Religous Freedom Restoration Act.
- GOP Vows to Reverse Obama Birth Control Policy
- Senate Defeats Bill to Reverse Birth Control Rule
- Evangelicals Want Reversal of Birth Control Rule
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- A Florida University President suing the Federal Government
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Debate Rises Over President Obama's Birth Certificate
- Florida Counties to Sue Over New State Medicaid Law
- Tampa Woman Sues Employer Over Gun Rules
- Florida Legislators Feud Over Gun Control