Student Accused of Shooting at Bullies Speaks Out
The case against an 18 year old student in Texas accused of shooting at bullies in his high school has been reset.
Prosecutors say 18 year old Warren Lewis instead "accidentally" shot a 16 year old bystander in the leg at his high school.
He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Possession of a Weapon in a School Zone.
But his attorneys say Lewis acted in self defense.
Lewis, his family and community leaders held a meeting on Wednesday at the Phoenix Youth Outreach center. He is pleading with students who are bullied to speak up.
Warren Lewis said, "My message to my peers is to stop holding it in. say something. Let's change the cycle."
Lewis' family said they had to move from their home after they were allegedly targeted in a drive-by shooting after the incident at school.
- Todashev's Wife Speaks Out
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- High School students learn to fly drones
- Eastside High school student earns perfect score on ACT
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student
- Lake Weir High School substitute teacher accused of touching students inappropriately
- Community Holds Vigil for Those Lost in Ohio School Shooting
- Domestic Violence Victims Speak Out