Teen Pleads Not Guilty in Ohio Cragslist Killings
AKRON, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio teen has pleaded not guilty to killing one man and attempting to kill a second in a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme that targeted older and single out-of-work men.
Brogan Rafferty, his ankles and wrists cuffed, made a brief appearance Friday in adult felony court in Akron on charges originally filed in Noble County, where the case unfolded.
Rafferty, dressed in a white T-shirt and orange jail pants, also has been charged with three counts of aggravated murder in juvenile court in Summit County. Prosecutors eventually hope to merge the cases in adult court in Akron.
A magistrate continued Rafferty's $1 million bond. His attorney says Rafferty cannot afford it.
A onetime mentor of Rafferty, 52-year-old Richard Beasley of Akron, has pleaded not guilty in the killings.
- Ohio Kidnapping, Rape Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Teen Pleads Guilty to Sexually Assaulting and Killing Jacksonville Toddler
- Relatives Say Teen Not Guilty In Georgia Baby Killing
- Man Pleads Not Guilty To Murdering Teen
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Florida Man Charged in $80M Drug Heist Pleads Not Guilty
- BP Oil Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter
- Aaron Hernandez Pleads Not Guilty for Assault
- Both Men Plead Guilty in Corpse Abuse Case