9 Shot at Pittsburgh-area Psychiatric Clinic
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Authorities say two people were killed and seven others were injured in a shooting at a psychiatric clinic at the University of Pittsburgh.
One of the dead is reportedly the gunman and one of the injured is reportedly a police officer.
A SWAT team is on the scene, and buildings are on lockdown. The school is on spring break.
The clinic describes itself on its website as a top academic-based psychiatric care center. Pitt's psychiatry department is part of the clinic.
- Gunfire Leaves Two Dead, Seven Wounded in Pittsburgh Clinic Shooting
- Area Syrian-Americans Weigh in on Overseas Crisis
- Area Attractions Offer Discounts As Part of Tourism Week Celebration
- 850 Homes Damaged or Destroyed in Dallas Area
- US Drought Grows to Cover Widest Area Since 1956
- BREAKING: Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Area
- Developing: Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Area
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Several shot at Sikh temple in Wisconsin