STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (AP) - A member of the Backstreet Boys pop music group tells police that $120,000 in jewelry was stolen from a Stone Mountain hotel where he and his wife were staying.
Brian Littrell tells WSB-TV that they were leaving Stone Mountain Park when they realized the jewelry had been left on a nightstand in their hotel room. He said that when they returned to the hotel to retrieve the items, they were gone.
Leighanne Littrell says the $120,000 in jewelry included her wedding ring valued at $110,000.
WSB reported that police on Sunday night were at the hotel, not far from the granite mountain featuring a giant carving of Civil War figures Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis and Stonewall Jackson on horseback.
It wasn't immediately clear when the reported theft occurred.
- Josh Powell Murders: Social Worker Who Dropped Off the Boys Speaks
- Two Men Feared Dead After Trying to Save Boy From Drowning
- 11 Year Old Boy From Wisconsin Saves His Money and Donates it to Police Department
- Boys and Girls Club Wins Award
- Lightning Strikes Boy During Football Practice
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Scott Gets Claims Bill for Brain-Damaged Colorado Boy
- Ambert Alert Issued for Two Young Boys
- Missing Boy Is Found