Dodgers Sold to Ownership Group
This morning the Los Angeles Dodgers are set to have new owners.
Current owner Frank McCourt has announced an agreement to sell the team for two billion dollars to a group that includes former Lakers star Magic Johnson and former Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals president Stan Kasten.
The agreement announced Tuesday night about five hours after Major League Baseball owners approved three finalists for the auction, is subject to approval in federal bankruptcy court.
The Dodgers ownership situation has been up in the air all last season, as Frank McCourt has been involved in his lengthy and expensive divorce.
- Home in "Home Alone" Sold
- Powerball Ticket Worth $337M Sold in Michigan
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- Groups Call on Florida to Halt Voter Purge
- 2 Groups Urge Brevard Library to Restock Racy Book
- Women's Voter Groups to Resume Registering Voters
- Pro-Obama Group Runs Anti-Romney Ads in Michigan
- Environmental Groups Trying to Block Drilling of 10 Oil Wells
- A Founding Member of Motown group The Miracles, Dies
- Report Reveals More on IRS Targeting of Tea Party Groups