Frightening Moment On Flight
MARILLO, Texas (AP) - A passenger on a JetBlue flight bound for Las Vegas that landed unexpectedly in Texas says a man she thinks was the captain was yelling about a bomb.
Heidi Karg told CNN there was a lot of commotion and that she heard him shout the word "bomb."
JetBlue Airways says the captain of Flight 191 from New York was taken ill and that the pilot in command elected to land in Amarillo about 10 a.m. Tuesday.
JetBlue says an off-duty captain and passenger went to the flight deck and took over the duties of the ill captain "once on the ground."
JetBlue says the ill captain was taken to a medical facility.
- US Airlines to Halt Northeast Flights
- Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Flight Attendant Grounded
- Flight Turbulence Sends Seven to Hospital
- Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
- FBI: No Threat to Boston-Chicago Flight Sent to NY
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight
- JetBlue Suspends Captain Who Disrupted Flight
- Outage Grounds American Airlines Flights