JetBlue Suspends Captain Who Disrupted Flight
NEW YORK (AP) - JetBlue Airways is suspending the captain whose erratic behavior caused an emergency landing of an early morning flight from New York bound for Las Vegas.
Clayton Osbon has been a pilot at JetBlue since 2000, the airline's first year of flying. The company said a "medical situation" occurred onboard the plane on Tuesday but wouldn't elaborate.
Passengers said the pilot was yelling and acting unruly in the cabin after he was locked out of the cockpit of the plane. A group of passengers tackled the captain and restrained him until the plane made an emergency landing in Amarillo, Texas.
JetBlue spokeswoman Allison Steinberg said Wednesday that Osbon was taken off active duty pending review of the incident.
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight
- Prosecutors Want JetBlue Captain Held Without Bond
- JetBlue Pilot is Held Without Bond
- Navy: Blue Angels will resume flight demonstrations July 2
- ASO Captain Keith Vermillion Suspended
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Zooms Over NYC on Jet
- Fighter Jet Emergency Landing
- Navy Jet Crashes Into Apartment Complex in Virginia
- Officials: UPS Cargo Jet Crashes Killing 2
- Jet-setting Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor dies at age 99