Lady Antebellum Prom
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - An Indiana high school wrecked by tornadoes has won a free concert by country music trio Lady Antebellum after an online campaign that saw students in other states advocate on the school's behalf.
Schools from as far away as northern Wisconsin submitted YouTube videos urging the group to choose Henryville, Ind., as the winner of its "Own the Night" prom contest.
Henryville's schools were heavily damaged when tornadoes ripped through southern Indiana on March 2.
Lady Antebellum chose Henryville but won't be able to perform at the school's prom because of a schedule conflict.
Instead, the group will perform May 16 in nearby Louisville, Ky., for the school's juniors and seniors, followed by a benefit for the community.
Entries supporting Henryville came from D.C. Everest Senior High School in Weston, Wis.; Silver Creek High School in Sellersburg, Ind.; and from Harrisburg, Ill., where a tornado struck Feb. 29.
- Michigan teen makes prom dress out of Starburst wrappers
- A Special Prom Date
- A Special Prom In Indiana
- First Lady to Speak in Gainesville Monday
- Margaret Thatcher, Iron Lady, Dead at 87
- Prom and Pornography Share Event Space in Miami
- Eastside High Student Honors Boston Bombing Victims at Prom
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- "Prom Dream Closet" at Loften High School
- Town raises money for Cedar Key Prom