Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
ATLANTA (AP) - A sheriff says searchers have found the body of a hot-air balloon pilot who went missing after he was hit by a thunderstorm in Georgia.
Ben Hill County Sheriff Bobby McLemore said a helicopter spotted the balloon, and searchers on the ground then found the body 63-year-old Edward Ristaino.
A fast-developing thunderstorm sucked in his balloon while he was ferrying skydivers on Friday, then sent the craft plummeting toward the ground. The skydivers parachuted to safety.
They credit Ristaino with finding them a field to safely jump into then telling them to get out of the balloon.
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Pilot's neighbor speaks
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Missing Marine's Body Found
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
- Missing Airboater's Body Found Near Boat Ramp
- Police: Burned SUV With Bodies is Missing Family's
- Diver's Body Found
- Ten Year Old Girl's Body Found in Trash Can