Witness: Passengers were "Freaking Out" Over Flight Attendant Rant
DALLAS (AP) - A woman who was on an American Airlines plane that was preparing to take off from Dallas today says passengers started "freaking out" as one of the flight attendants gave a rambling, 15-minute speech on the plane's public address system.
Passengers say the flight attendant told them she wasn't "responsible for this plane crashing" and mentioned 9/11.
What followed was an altercation with another crew member that left both of them injured. The plane returned to the gate and the crew was replaced.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Tony Molinaro says the pilot asked for police to meet the plane at the gate. He says Dallas police told FAA that there was an altercation on the plane.
- Ocala Explosion "Freak Accident"
- Toddler Hurt in "Freak Accident"
- GAIN Entrepreneur "Shoot Out"
- Four Employees "Locked Out" of Alachua County Jail
- Hernandez "Not Ruled Out" As Suspect In Murder Case
- Family Spotlight 9/15/11 "4H Branches Out"
- Sandusky Witness: I Should Have Spoken Out Sooner
- Flight Attendant Grounded
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Passengers Say Captain Yelled About Bomb on JetBlue Flight