Dangerous Texas Storms
BURLESON, Texas (AP) - Dallas Police say possible tornadoes have touched down in the southern part of that city as a band of severe weather moves through northern Texas.
Local television footage shows overturned and smashed semi-trailers on the ground in the southern portion of Dallas County.
Dallas Police spokeswoman Sherri Jeffrey says twisters also have caused damage in the city limits.
Weather service advisories issued Tuesday said storm spotters and radar shows separate "large and extremely dangerous" tornadoes both south of Dallas and Fort Worth.
The weather service says "considerable damage" has been reported near Cleburne, south of Fort Worth, and Lancaster, south of Dallas.
- FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger
- The Dangers of a Drug Named "Molly "
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- Dangerous Habit of Smoking Alcohol Gains Popularity
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- High Court Sends Back Texas Race-based Plan
- What Caused the Texas Fertilizer Explosion? An Expert Weighs In
- Dangerous Playground Slides
- Missing Woman's Remains Found in Texas
- Missing Boy Found In Texas