Former Senator George McGovern Hospitalized
ST. AUGUSTINE, FLA. (AP) - Former Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern has been hospitalized in Florida.
Officials with Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Fla., tell the Associated Press that the former South Dakota senator is in stable condition.
The 89-year-old McGovern splits his time between Florida and South Dakota and has been hospitalized several times in recent months.
In December, he fell and hit his head in Mitchell, S.D., just minutes before he was to be interviewed live on C-SPAN for a program about his lasting influence on modern-day politics.
McGovern's daughter, Ann McGovern, tells the AP that he's "comfortable" and undergoing tests to determine why he's been experiencing brief spells during which he passes out and cannot speak.
- Same Sex Marriages Gain Equal Standing in the Eyes of Federal Government
- Smuggled Dinosaur Skeleton Returned to Mongolian Government
- Lenders Warn a Long Government Shutdown Could Delay Mortgage Loans
- Alachua County's 'Foster Grandparents' On Hold Due to Government Shutdown
- Congress Prepares for a Long Night in Preparation for a Possible Government Shutdown
- Bales' Attorney: Government "Hiding Evidence"
- Anti-Government Protests Continue in Venezuela
- States Sue Government Over Birth Control
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Seven
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case