Severe Weather Expected
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - The Storm Prediction Center says fierce storms are likely Saturday in a band running through the middle of the nation from Texas north to Minnesota.
Forecasters at the center in Norman, Okla., said Friday the worst weather is expected between Oklahoma City and Salina, Kan., but other areas also could see severe storms with baseball-sized hail and winds of up to 70 mph.
The severe storms are expected to strike Saturday afternoon and evening, and the Storm Prediction Center says the outbreak could be a "high-end, life-threatening event."
The Storm Prediction Center is part of the National Weather Service.
- Severe Weather
- Severe Weather After Isaac
- Severe Weather From The Southwest To The Northeast
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Severe Weather Hits Area
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Severe Weather Slammed North Central Florida
- Severe Weather in Dixie County
- Senate Expected to Hold Off Flood Insurance Boost
- Update Expected for Victim in Face-chewing Attack