Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Zimmerman Raises Cash
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - George Zimmerman's attorney says a website created to raise money for his legal defense has raised more than $200,000.
Mark O'Mara said on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 Thursday night that he learned about the money on Wednesday and will inform a judge at a Friday hearing.
Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting of Trayvon Martin, was released from jail this week after paying 10 percent of $150,000 bail.
O'Mara says the bail amount may have been higher if the judge knew Zimmerman had raised $200,000.
The website used to raise the money has since been shut down, but O'Mara said he'll likely start a new defense fund for Zimmerman.
O'Mara did not immediately return a Thursday evening phone message by The Associated Press.
- Romney Seeks Tea Party Votes, Satorum Hunts Cash
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Double Arm Amputee Triathlete Raising Money for Baby
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- GPD Report Raises Questions About Hernandez Involvement in 2007 Shooting
- Raising Awareness About New Health Laws in Florida
- State Tops Nation in Access to Early Education, But Red Flags Raised
- Romney and GOP Raise More Than Obama and Democrats
- States Find Ways to Raise Taxes Without Saying So
- Romney-leaning Super PAC Raises $6M in January