Al Qaeda attempts to use a sophisticated new bomb.
The CIA and counter terrorism partners thwarted an attempt, by Al Qaeda, to use a sophisticated new bomb to destroy an airplane.
FBI forensic experts are studying the bomb in an attempt to determine if it would have gotten through airport security.
Authorities say that the terrorist plot was foiled before any flights were actually ever in danger.
This latest bomb improved on the so-called underwear bomb by containing no metal.
- Al Qaeda Backed Magazine Encouraging Boston-Like Bombings
- CIA Thwarts New al-Qaida Underwear Bomb Plot
- Man enters gas station with fake bomb.
- FBI Now In Charge of Boston Marathon Bombing Investigation
- Body of Boston Bombings Suspect Has Been Claimed
- Attempted Roberry
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Recreational Marijuana Use
- Crime Rings Using Stolen Tide as Currency
- World's Fastest Land Mammal Sets New Record
- New Plan Speeds Up Airport Security