Man Jumps to Attempted Suicide at Niagara Falls
BUFFALO, New York- There was a dramatic rescue at Niagara Falls on Monday after rescuers say a man jumped 180 feet over the edge.
Witnesses reported seeing the man climb over a railing and jump over the Horseshoe Falls.
Authorities believe he was trying to commit suicide.
A helipcopter lowered a harness, however the man refused to grab on so the chopper used its propellers to blow the man closer to the shore line where rescuers could reach him.
He spent nearly an hour in the frigid cold waters before he was rescued.
The man suffered from hypothermia, fractured ribs and cuts to his head and face.
He is only the third person to survive going over the falls unprotected.
- Niagara Falls Tightrope
- Man Not Armed When He Jumps From Crane
- Alachua County Jail Inmate Attempts Suicide
- Two Attempted Suicides in Two Weeks at the Alachua County Jail
- Suspect In Disappearance Attempts Suicide
- Attempted Murder-Suicide in Live Oak
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- Man Dies after Jump from Window
- Man who stabbed wife commits suicide
- Waldo Man Threatens to Commit Murder-Suicide