We learn a lot of valuable lessons in life, and one couple said they learned one of their most powerful and heartbreaking Monday...
Never fall in love with a monkey and take it home...
A Michigan couple said a tearful goodbye to Max, their pet monkey of 26 years yesterday...
It's a new beginning for Max who was taken to Jungle Friends Sanctuary in Gainesville, a refuge for monkeys.
The couple -- who have been on Jungle Friend's waiting list for Two Years -- say Max had been just like a son to them.
But his unpredictable behavior, including biting people, made them realize Max needed a home out of surburbia and with other monkeys.
"I'm excited for him. this is all about him. it's for him."
Jungle Friends say it's important for animal lovers to realize monkeys are wild animals who need to socialize with other monkeys.
Currently the sanctuary has a dozen monkeys on the waiting list for a home.
- Monkey Rescued in Gainesville
- 6/12/12 Pet of the Day: Kilroy the Monkey
- 7/19/12 Pet of the Day: Mikey the Monkey
- 4/22/13 Pet of the Day: Macy the Monkey
- Capuchin Monkey is Officially Legal
- Art For Monkeys, By Monkeys
- Losing Pet Monkey is Like Losing a Daughter Says Pet Monkey Owner
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- Texas Coach Accused of Giving Student Morning After Pill
- Marshals Find Fugitive