Most Wanted Fugitive
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - One of New Jersey's most wanted fugitives has been captured in Florida.
State police announced Sunday that 69-year-old Robert Malone was caught Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, where he was found walking along a roadway. The arrest came less than an hour after someone called in a tip to a state police fugitive hotline.
Authorities say Marone had been living under an alias for about 15 years. He was wanted on a fugitive warrant out of Ocean County on aggravated sexual assault charges, and had been added to New Jersey's 12 Most Wanted list in 1995.
Marone also faces child endangerment and parole violation charges, but further details on those counts were not immediately available Sunday. Marone was being held in Florida, where he was awaiting extradition proceedings.
- Fugitive Arrest
- Defense Wants Pink Clothes Banned at Murder Trial
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Wanted Fugitive Arrested
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- The U.S. Postal Service Wants in on the Alcohol Delivery Business
- Fugitive From Alachua County Captured in Wyoming
- Fugitive Couple Arraigned
- Dixie County Fugitive Arrested