Parts of Glove Found in Sausage Sparks Recall
A Wisconsin sausage company is recalling nearly 49,000 pounds of "Turkey Sausage with Cheddar Cheese" products for fear they might contain pieces of gloves, the USDA announced Wednesday.
Johnsonville Sausage, LLC, a Sheboygan Falls, Wisc. received two consumer complaints and then contacted FSIS to the issue. The concerned packages were produced on May 22 and can be identified by establishment number "EST. P-34224" inside the USDA mark of inspection and the best by date "08/20/2012 2."
They were delivered to stores nationwide, in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Washington and Wisconsin. No injuries have yet been reported.
Johnsonville Sausage's bratwursts are sold periodically in McDonald's locations across the country, and are currently available in 16 NFL stadiums. Products are sold in 39 countries, including France, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and China
- Children of Andrew Still Recall 1992 Hurricane
- Illness Prompts Recall Of Whole Foods Cheese
- 1.8 Million Pounds of Ground Beef Recalled
- USDA Begins Tweeting Food Recall Alerts
- Salad Recall
- Florida Included In Salad Recall
- Wisconsin Votes In Rare Recall Election
- A Test For Both Parties After Wisconsin Recall
- 4 Million Baby Seats Recalled
- Romaine Lettuce Recalled Over E. Coli Contamination Fears