Man Paid Millions For Eating Popcorn
DENVER, Colorado- A jury awarded a Colorado man millions of dollars after finding the snack food he ate every day for years eventually made him sick.
Wayne Watson admits he munched microwave popcorn a couple of times a day for years, until his doctor diagnosed him with a rare disease called popcorn lung.
It's usually found in plant workers exposed to high levels of an artificial flavoring used to give popcorn that buttery taste.
Watson sued the popcorn maker, Gilster-Mary Lee, and the supermarket that sold it claiming the companies never warned consumers that the flavoring was dangerous.
On Wednesday, Watson- who's lost about 50 percent of his lung capacity- was awarded damages of more than 7 million dollars.
Many popcorn manufacturers no longer use this flavoring in their microwave products.
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Man Held on Six Million Dollar Bond after Car Chase
- 33 Million Dollars Going to Veterans
- One Million Dollars Towards Local Parks
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars
- Robert Gallman Arrested For Stealing Millions Of Dollars In A Ponzi Scheme
- OFR gets Half Million Dollar Grant
- Florida's Prison Chief Inherits Million Dollar Debt
- Judge Sets Accused Shooter's Bond at One Million Dollars
- More than One Million Dollars Raised for Kids at UF's Dance Marathon