Austrian Daredevil Felix Baumgartner Skydives From the Edge of Space
Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner, jumped from 23 miles above the Earth.
He set a record, since no one else had jumped from that high before.
During free fall he spun around briefly while reaching speeds of up to 700 MPH, but was able to stabilize fairly quickly.
For an encore, Baumgartner now hopes to pusue a career as a helicopter rescue pilot.
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- Space Shuttle Endeavor Heads to California
- Space Capsule Returns To Earth
- Preparations Made for Space Shuttle Atlantis' Retirement
- Dawn of Orion: NASA launch opens new era in space
- Marine Arrives Home from Mexican Jail
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- Black Bear Falls From Tree
- Severe Weather From The Southwest To The Northeast
- New Video Game Consoles From Microsoft and Sony in Short Supply