U.S. Senator Dies
Services are set for former South Dakota Senator George McGovern.
A public viewing is planned for Thursday in Sioux Falls.
Funeral Services are scheduled for Friday.
A private burial will take place at a later date at Rock Creek Cemetery in Washington, D.C.
McGovern, who lost a 1972 presidential bid to Richard M. Nixon, died Sunday at Sioux Falls Hospice.
He was 90.
- U.S. Senate Race
- Rubio Defeats Crist, Meek in U.S. Senate Bid
- U.S. Killing of Afghans Won't Change US War Plan
- Questions About U.S. Spy Tactics
- U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Key Section of Voting Rights Act
- Winter Storms Blow Through U.S.
- U.S. Job Market Not Expected To Get Better
- U.S. Issues Global Travel Alert Citing Al-Qaida Threats
- Teen Birth Rate Higher In The U.S. Than Many Other Developed Countries
- The U.S. Postal Service Wants in on the Alcohol Delivery Business