Ariz. Lottery Says Winner Claims Half of $588M
PHOENIX (AP) - The Arizona Lottery says the other winning ticket in last week's $588 million Powerball jackpot has been claimed.
But officials say the Arizona winner has declined to take part in Friday afternoon's scheduled news conference in Phoenix, and the winner's name wasn't going to be immediately released.
The ticket was sold at a store in Fountain Hills, northeast of Phoenix.
The winner has opted to take the cash option of $192 million.
A Missouri mechanic and his wife came forward on Nov. 30 to claim their half of the multistate Powerball prize.
- Town Mourns Ariz. Hotshots as Storms Threaten Fire
- Powerball Winner Comes Forward
- Kansas Says Mega Millions Winner Has Come Forward
- Alleged Mega Millions Winner Says She Lost Ticket
- Producer Wins Lottery.. Twice!
- $485 million Powerball jackpot is 5th largest in US history
- Powerball Ticket Worth $337M Sold in Michigan
- Powerball Jackpot Rolls Over Again
- Florida Lottery Warns of Lottery Scam
- Isaac Knocks Out Power to Half of Louisiana