FCC Changes Cable Box Rules
A new FCC rule may change the way some of you watch this newscast.
The FCC has ruled that by December Tenth, all basic cable service can be scrambled, which would require a decoder box for each TV set.
Eventually it will cost customers more money, but one perk is that it would allow cable to be turned on remotely without a house visit by technician.
Those with Cox cable, however are not affected because the rule applies to cable companies providing only "Digital" cable.
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- Associate: Hernandez Put Guns in Box in Basement
- USPS Dedicates P.O. Box to Newtown, CT
- "The Avengers" Smash Box Office Records
- COX Cable Audit
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Hobby Lobby
- FAMU Puts in New Rules in Wake of Hazing Death
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida