Veggies Among the Deadliest Foods
NEW YORK (AP):
A government study has fingered leafy green vegetables as the leading source of food poisoning illnesses.
However, the most food-related deaths were from contaminated chicken and other poultry.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the study Tuesday.
It's based on an analysis of food poisoning cases from 1998 through 2008. It's the agency's most comprehensive attempt to identify which foods most often carry germs that make us sick.
The CDC estimates roughly 1 in 6 Americans - or 48 million people- gets sick from food poisoning each year. That includes 128,000 hospitalization and 3,000 deaths.
- Orlando and Miami Among Most Romantic Cities
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US
- Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
- Deadliest Days for Teen Drivers
- Illness Prompts Recall Of Whole Foods Cheese
- Duck Dynasty's Miss Kay Talks Faith, Family & Food
- Food Network Won't Renew Paula Deen's Contract
- USDA Begins Tweeting Food Recall Alerts
- CDC Says Food Supply Risk of Mad Cow Disease is Not High on List
- Bugs Used To Color Food Products