FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger
MIDLAND CITY, Ala. - Officials say they stormed a bunker in Alabama to rescue a 5-year-old child being held hostage there after his abductor was seen with a gun.
Steve Richardson with the FBI's office in Mobile said at a news conference Monday afternoon that negotiations deteriorated and that 65-year-old Jimmy Lee Dykes had been seen with a gun.
At that, officers believed the child was in imminent danger. Officers entered the bunker just after 3 p.m. CST.
It was not immediately clear how Dykes died.
- Alabama Hostage Situation is Over
- Young Boy Held Hostage Celebrates Birthday
- Small Ala. Town: Relief that Child Hostage is Safe
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- FBI: No Threat to Boston-Chicago Flight Sent to NY
- FBI: Early Test Shows Ricin in Obama Letter
- FBI: 3 Suspects in Boston Bombings Identified
- Update on Alabama Hostage Standoff
- Dangerous Texas Storms