State of the Union Address
President Obama's State of the Union address tonight, may press a politically divided Congress to approve more tax increases and fewer spending cuts.
The president's speech will focus primarily on jobs and the economy and will push additional government spending to promote manufacturing, education, clean energy, and infrastructure.
He will also warn Congress to avoid the automatic cuts in defense and education scheduled to go into effect on March 1st.
Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner says, "It is time for Washington to literally get back to the basics.
We can't continue to spend money that we don't have."
President Obama will also elaborate on some of the big themes from his inaugural speech--Immigration, climate change and gun violence.
- Rubio to Deliver GOP Response to State of Union Speech
- State of the State Address
- Spike Lee Apologizes for Retweeting Wrong Address
- Obama Administration Addresses Recall of Exploding Air Bags
- Protestors March on the Republican National Convention
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Consumer Confidence Trending Upward
- Argument Over Texting Leads To Fatal Shooting Inside Movie Theater
- Jimmy Carter Focusing on China Relations