Young Boy Held Hostage Celebrates Birthday
MIDLAND CITY, Al- A young boy held hostage in an underground Alabama bunker for nearby a week has another reason to be happy.
Ethan is finally home and celebrating his 6th birthday on Wednesday
His town of Midland City is planning to celebrate in style.
There are signs and ribbons all around town wishing him "Happy Birthday."
He's already received more than 12-hundred cards from across the nation.
Blue and black ribbons decorate schools in the area to honor both Ethan and the bus driver killed in the ordeal.
The city is planning a massive party at a later date.
The community has also started an online campaign to raise 7-thousand dollars to send the boy and his family to Disney World.
The hostage situation ended Monday with the death of Ethan's captor, Jimmy Lee Dykes.
Police say he grabbed the boy off his school bus last week after killing the bus driver.
- Alabama Hostage Situation is Over
- Small Ala. Town: Relief that Child Hostage is Safe
- FBI: Officers Stormed Bunker When Child In Danger
- Update on Alabama Hostage Standoff
- Hostage Situation
- Jimmy Carter Focusing on China Relations
- Ambert Alert Issued for Two Young Boys
- Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
- Truck Driver Survives Precarious Situation
- Fantasyland Opens At Walt Disney World