Child with HIV "Functionally Cured"
Researchers say a two-year-old girl in Mississippi is the first child to be functionally cured of HIV.
A functional cure is when the presence of the virus is so small that clinical tests cannot detect it in the blood.
Within thirty hours of birth, the baby had been given three anti-viral drugs. Researchers believe this early intervention was the key.
- Scientists Say Baby Born With HIV Apparently Cured
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday
- Alachua County offers free H.I.V. test
- Rapist infected with HIV arrested
- Mom Runs Over Child (Texas)
- Share the Cure 2012
- Actor Sherman Hemsley of "The Jeffersons" Dies
- Former "Family Feud" Host Dies
- "The Avengers" Smash Box Office Records
- Home in "Home Alone" Sold