Ex-Presidents Cost Taxpayers
Published March 27th, 2013
The cost of providing for the President doesn't end once he leaves The White House.
A recent report by the non-partisan congressional research service says taxpayers spent nearly 3.7 million dollars on four living ex-presidents.
The money went to everything from their postage to travel.
Of the four living presidents, George W. Bush spent the most at about 1.3 million dollars.
Jimmy Carter spent the least at a little more than 500,000 dollars.
The funds are part of an allowance created in 1958.
- Average Cost for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Romney: Impossible to Know Cost of His Tax Plan
- Health Care Cost Estimates Released
- Taxpayers Filing Taxes on Last Day
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- President Obama Talks Easy Pleasey Lemon Squeezy With TV 20's David Snyder
- Rubio: "I'm Not Going to be Vice President"
- Jeb Bush Says He'd Consider Vice Presidency
- FAMU President Receives No-confidence Vote
- Florida A&M President Resigns in Wake of Scandal