Finalist named for University of West Georgia presidency
ATLANTA (AP) - The Georgia Board of Regents has announced the search for a University of West Georgia President has been narrowed down to a lone finalist.
Officials say Vice president for University Advancement at the University of West Florida Kyle Marrero has been named finalist for university president. Officials say his offer helped the university record a 20 percent increase in enrollment and conducted the largest capital campaign in the school's history by raising $39.2 million - surpassing the school's goal of $35 million.
Before working at the University of West Florida, Marrero taught voice, opera and conducting in Louisiana, Michigan and Ohio, and currently serves as artistic director for the Pensacola Opera.
The Board of Regents will make a final decision at a future meeting.
- Committee Members Name Finalists For U.F.'s New President
- University of Missouri President resigns
- Two local school employees named finalists for state award
- Outgoing UF President to Stay On as Adviser
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Residents Recovering After Four-Car Crash
- GPD increasing patrols after two recent assaults
- Kent Fuchs Named Florida's New President
- UF Law Student Named Florida Blue Key President
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term