Outage Grounds American Airlines Flights
DALLAS (AP) - American Airlines flights across the country are grounded because of computer problems.
American asked the Federal Aviation Administration to halt its flights until 5 p.m. EDT. Flights on regional affiliate American Eagle heading to Dallas, Chicago or New York's LaGuardia Airport have been stopped until 3:30 p.m. EDT.
Some passengers are stuck on planes while others can't make reservations.
Passengers are using social media to flood the airline with complaints.
American Airlines spokesman Kent Powell said Tuesday that the airline is trying to resolve the issues as quickly as it can.
On Twitter, American is sending out apologies but not offering customers much information about when the problem will be fixed.
- American Airlines Pilot Faces Child Porn Charges
- Breaking: Airliner Crashes in San Francisco
- 60 Unaccounted For in Asiana Airlines Crash
- FAA Allowing Some Electronic Device Use Throughout Flights
- Trayvon's Mom: Clarify Stand Your Ground Laws
- 1.8 Million Pounds of Ground Beef Recalled
- AG Strongly Criticizes Stand-Your-Ground Laws
- Malaysian Airlines Plane Crash in Ukraine
- Bodies, Debris Confirmed From Missing AirAsia Flight
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense & Stand Your Ground Law