New Rules for National Spelling Bee
Published May 29th, 2013
The National Spelling Bee has kicked off in Maryland and it has a new twist.
Contestants will not only need to know how to spell a word, but they must now know what the word means.
A word's definition will count for 50 percent of the overall score and it will also determine whether a contestant moves on in the competition.
ESPN will air early rounds starting today with the the finals scheduled for Thursday night during prime-time.
- New Spelling Bee Champion
- Young Spelling Bee Champion
- Spelling Bee
- Ocala Teen Competes in National Spelling Bee
- J.J. Finley Student Wins District Spelling Bee
- District Spelling Bee
- FAMU Puts in New Rules in Wake of Hazing Death
- FBI Is Given New Rules
- Busy Bees (National Honey Bee Awareness Week)
- Bee Attack