Texas Authorities Searching for Escaped Prisoner
OLNEY, Texas (AP) - North Texas authorities are searching for a prisoner who escaped from a van transporting him and others from Louisiana to Florida.
Olney Police Chief Barry Roberts says 33 year old Michael Rimmer apparently escaped about 1 a.m. Saturday during a stop at a convenience store in the town northwest of Dallas.
Roberts says a Rimmer, who's from Florida, was part of a group in the custody of a private company that transports inmates. He says the group was in Olney but Rimmer was discovered missing when the van stopped in Terrell, 160 miles away.
The Young County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety are also involved in the search.
Roberts says Rimmer has a history that includes assaulting a police officer and drug distribution. Rimmer is considered dangerous.
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Texas Search Firm Seeks $100K From Casey Anthony
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- Casey Anthony, Texas Group Reach Settlement
- High Court Sends Back Texas Race-based Plan
- Charges in Case of Men Found Held in Texas Home
- Texas Wife of Ex-judge Charged with Capital Murder
- Somber Crowd Gathers to Honor Texas Firefighters
- AP Sources: Texas Actress Arrested in Ricin Case
- Convicted Pa. Abortion Doctor Gets Life in Prison