5 dead, 5 injured In Santa Monica Shooting
Published June 8th, 2013
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Los Angeles County coroners have identified one of the people gunned down at Santa Monica College in a shooting rampage that killed four people before police shot and killed the gunman.
Investigator Joyce Kato says 68-year-old Carlos Navarro Franco of west Los Angeles was killed in Friday's shootings.
Franco was the driver of a red Ford Explorer that the gunman sprayed with bullets, killing him and wounding his passenger, who was in critical condition after undergoing surgery at a UCLA hospital.
The violence lasted about 20 minutes and started about a mile away from campus, where the gunman is believed to have killed his father, brother and another person in a house. That house burned down, and investigators are determining whether that was arson.
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Mayor: 13 Dead, Including Gunman, at Navy Yard
- 2 Dead and Scores Injured in Boston Marathon Bombings
- 2 dead, up to 16 injured in nightclub shooting
- Breaking: 3 Dead in Kentucky Condo Shooting
- Deadly Shooting at Los Angeles Int'l Airport
- Gunman Dead in Colorado School Shooting
- Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments; 1 dead, 2 injured
- One Dead, Another Injured In Lake City Shooting