Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
MIAMI (AP) - The Coast Guard has launched a search for nine fishermen aboard a disabled vessel drifting in the waters off northern Haiti.
Officials say the small fishing vessel called the Aisha became disabled and started drifting Friday in the waters off Labadee, Haiti.
A helicopter crew deployed in the Bahamas has joined a Coast Guard cutter in the search for the fishermen.
No additional details were immediately available.
- Texas Authorities Searching for Escaped Prisoner
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- O.J. Simpson Heads to Court
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
- Two Firefighters Injured in Columbus Warehouse Blaze