Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
MIAMI (AP) - The Coast Guard has launched a search for nine fishermen aboard a disabled vessel drifting in the waters off northern Haiti.
Officials say the small fishing vessel called the Aisha became disabled and started drifting Friday in the waters off Labadee, Haiti.
A helicopter crew deployed in the Bahamas has joined a Coast Guard cutter in the search for the fishermen.
No additional details were immediately available.
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Texas Authorities Searching for Escaped Prisoner
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Senate Expected to Hold Off Flood Insurance Boost
- Obama Asks 'Soul Searching' after Martin Shooting
- Search Suspended In SC River For Florida Man
- Police Continuing Search For Bodies In Cleveland
- Clothes taken in search for missing UVa student
- Coast Guard Sending Help to Vessel off of Puerto Rico