Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
Published June 8th, 2013
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Authorities have pulled a missing teacher's car from a New Orleans bayou and police say there is a decomposed body inside.
Terrilyn Monette, a Long Beach, Calif., native who moved Louisiana to teach, vanished three months ago.
Authorities did not immediately say whether the body in the car was Monette.
Monette's black Honda Accord was pulled from New Orleans' Bayou St. John on Saturday.
Louisiana state Rep. Austin Badon has spearheaded the search for Monette.
He says he and a volunteer diver resurveyed the waterway in a boat using sonar and found a car that had earlier been missed.
The 26-year-old teacher was last seen leaving a New Orleans bar not far from the bayou in the early morning hours of March 2.
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Bodies, Debris Confirmed From Missing AirAsia Flight
- Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard
- Human Remains Found in Trunk of Burned Car
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car
- Missing Ballon Pilot's Body Found
- Police Continuing Search For Bodies In Cleveland
- New Leads Sought in Search for Missing Mom, Kids