Zoo Atlanta to Offer Admission to Dads on Sunday
ATLANTA (AP) - Zoo Atlanta will be offering dads free admission on Sunday for Father's Day.
In addition, the home to more than 1,500 animals from around the world will be hosting its first Asian Heritage Day on Saturday. Zoo officials say Asian Heritage Day will showcase many of the animal species native to Asia, including giant pandas, Komodo dragons, Sumatran tigers and more.
Entertainment will include Kung Fu demonstrations by the Chein Hong School of Kung Fu, a Taiko drum performance by the Taiwanese School of Atlanta Drum Team and traditional Asian dance performances by the Atlanta Chinese Dance and Morning Star Dance Academy.
On Sunday, fathers will receive free admission with purchase of any regularly-priced child or adult general admission ticket.
- Orangutan at Atlanta's Zoo Pregnant for Third Time
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Judge Won't Toss Atlanta Schools Cheating Case
- Construction Workers Uncover Cannonball in Atlanta
- Governor Scott Calls for "Day of Prayer for Unity" on Sunday
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- O.J. Simpson Heads to Court
- Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier
- Texas Authorities Searching for Escaped Prisoner