Fort Hood Shooter Sentenced to Death
TEXAS- A military jury says convicted Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hassan should be put to death.
The jury delivered its decision after deliberating for two and a half hours.
Major Hasan was convicted last Friday for the 2009 shooting that left 13 people dead and 32 wounded.
The judge accepted the sentencing verdict, but it must be approved by an assigned army general before it becomes official.
The final approval process could take more months.
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave
- Another Delay in Fort Hood Shooting Case
- School Shooter "Flips Off" Courtroom During Sentencing
- Life Sentence for Ohio Teen Shooter
- Shooter identified in Tallahassee deputy's death
- Fort Hood Trial Resumes as Lawyers Demand Removal
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Grandmother Spared From Death Sentence