Fort Hood Shooter Sentenced to Death
TEXAS- A military jury says convicted Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hassan should be put to death.
The jury delivered its decision after deliberating for two and a half hours.
Major Hasan was convicted last Friday for the 2009 shooting that left 13 people dead and 32 wounded.
The judge accepted the sentencing verdict, but it must be approved by an assigned army general before it becomes official.
The final approval process could take more months.
- Another Delay in Fort Hood Shooting Case
- Fort Hood Trial Resumes as Lawyers Demand Removal
- School Shooter "Flips Off" Courtroom During Sentencing
- Life Sentence for Ohio Teen Shooter
- Ocala Remembers Fort Hood
- Suspected Shooter Named
- Auburn Shooter Manhunt
- Colorado Shooter Buys Gun After He Fails Oral Exam
- Standoff Continues in Georgia Between Police and Shooter
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death