Ariel Castro's Guards on Leave
Published September 11th, 2013
Two Ohio prison guards are on leave pending the outcome of an investigation into the suicide of Ariel Castro.
Castro was convicted of the kidnapping and rape of three Cleveland women and sentenced to life in prison plus a thousand years.
Officials say he committed suicide on September third in his prison cell, hanging himself with a bed sheet.
The two officers on duty in Castro's unit in the night of his suicide are now off the job.
- Local Cuban American speaks about Castro's death
- Ariel Castro Commits Suicide
- Furloughs Threaten National Guard's Readiness in Event of a Hurricane
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- Fort Hood Gunman's Shooting Rampage Followed Over Denial Of Request For Leave
- Romney's Victories Leave GOP Leaders Unimpressed
- Law Enforcement On Guard for Holiday Week
- Coast Guard: Sailboat 'debris field' found in Gulf of Mexico
- World leaders react to the death of former dictator Fidel Castro
- Coast Guard searches for missing Florida family in Gulf