Ten Year Old Girl's Body Found in Trash Can
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Police say the body of a 10-year-old girl has been found in a trash can at a metro Atlanta apartment complex.
Gwinnett County police said in a statement that a man called 911 at 3:43 a.m. Saturday and said he was suicidal. He also said his daughter drank some type of chemical and was dead.
Officers responding to the call found the girl's body in a trash can at the Lawrenceville apartment complex. Police say the girl's body was badly burned.
Police are treating the death as a homicide. They say they were questioning the girl's father and have searched his apartment, but he hadn't been charged. The names of the girl and father weren't immediately released.
The cause of death won't be known until an autopsy is performed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Six Bodies Found in Lake Reopening 40-year-old Cold Cases
- Body of 4-Year-Old Found
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Arrest Made In Missing New Jersey Girl's Death
- Grandmother to Face Capital Charge in Girl's Death
- Ten-year-old's clay ornaments sold to benefit children
- 10-Year-Old Colorado Girl Goes Missing
- 3-Year-Old Girl Swallows 37 Magnets
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool