Tax Season Opens
Published February 3rd, 2014
If you think you have a return coming your way, you might want to get already started on the return.
The IRS begin accepting and processing last year's returns on Friday January 31st.
Tax season started 10 days later this year because of last October's government shutdown.
The deadline is still the same though, April 15th.
The IRS says it expects to receive about 148 million returns this year and the majority will be filled electronically.
Roughly three out of four tax payers will get a return.
- Media Fights to Open Trayvon Martin Shooting Files
- Taxpayers Filing Taxes on Last Day
- Vermillion Files: ASO Now Open To Lawsuits
- Alachua County Tax Collector's Office Opens Third Location
- Hurricane Season Sales Tax Holiday: What You Should Know
- Identity Theft Increasing this Tax Season
- Experts predicting tougher tax season thanks to new healthcare legislation
- Gators Season Opener Suspended After 1 Play
- Woman Files Lawsuit Against Pharmacy Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Criminal Charges to be Filed Against Zimmerman