Satellite Spots 122 Objects in Indian Ocean Possibly From Flight 370
Published March 26th, 2014
PERTH, Australia (AP) - Malaysia says a satellite has captured images of 122 objects in the Indian Ocean that might be from the missing plane.
Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein says the objects were seen close to where three other satellites previously detected objects.
He said Wednesday the sightings together are "the most credible lead that we have."
Hishammuddin said the images were taken Sunday and were relayed by French-based Airbus Defense and Space.
Hishammuddin says the objects ranged in length from one meter (yard) to 23 meters (25 yards).
Various floating objects have been spotted by planes and satellites, but none has been retrieved or identified.
- Cruise Ship Stranded in Indian Ocean
- Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- Satellite Falling from Space
- US Unemployment Aid Applications Stay at 370,000
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Homeowner Spots Thief from Plane
- US Airlines to Halt Northeast Flights
- Passenger Attacks Crew on NC-to-Florida Flight
- Direct Air Cancels Flights