Chief: 2 adults dead, 2 students hospitalized in shooting at San Bernardino elementary school
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) -- The San Bernardino police chief says two adults are dead after a shooting at an elementary school.
The police chief of San Bernardino says the shooting appears to be a murder-suicide.
San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said on Twitter that there four victims being treated, including at least two students who were taken to a hospital. He says the shooting happened in a classroom.
San Bernardino school spokeswoman says 1 of 4 shot in classroom was teacher.
The other students in the school were being evacuated and taken to a nearby school.
San Bernardino County fire spokesman Eric Sherwin says the shooting happened Monday morning at the North Park School in San Bernardino.
Sherwin says numerous firefighters and police officers are headed to the scene.
No further information was immediately available.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPDATE: Reports of Up to 14 Dead in San Bernardino, California Shooting
- 1 Dead, 4 Wounded in Ohio High School Shooting
- 2 dead, up to 16 injured in nightclub shooting
- Gunfire Leaves Two Dead, Seven Wounded in Pittsburgh Clinic Shooting
- 5 dead, 5 injured In Santa Monica Shooting
- Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments; 1 dead, 2 injured
- One Dead, Another Injured In Lake City Shooting
- Florida police say 2 dead, 1 injured in mall shooting
- Middle School Student is Gunman in Nevada School Shooting
- Gunman Dead in Colorado School Shooting