Vernon Hargreaves Injury Scare: Gators First Open Practice
Published August 8th, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Florida coach Will Muschamp says standout cornerback Vernon Hargreaves suffered a bone bruise in practice and is day to day.
Muschamp says tests revealed the extent of the injury to Hargreaves' left knee Thursday night.
Hargreaves appeared to get hurt during a scuffle between receivers and defensive backs. Trainers helped Hargreaves from the field, applied ice to his knee and eventually carted him away.
The injury surely scared coaches, teammates and the several hundred fans who turned out for Florida's first open practice of fall camp.
Hargreaves is considered one of the team's top players. The sophomore from Tampa started 10 games last season, finishing with 38 tackles, 11 pass breakups and three interceptions. He was named to the preseason All-Southeastern Conference first team last month.
- Vernon Hargreaves Knee Injury Update
- Gator Football Holds First Open Practice
- GATORS HOLD FIRST DAY OF FOOTBALL PRACTICE
- Gators Open Football Practice on Final Day of Fall Camp
- 5 Gators Named to All SEC Teams
- Gators Rout No. 3 Ole Miss 38-10
- Gators Run Over Bulldogs Again, Win 27-3
- First Day of High School Football Practice
- Cornelius Ingram Misses Practice with Knee Injury
- Florida Shows Off No-Huddle at First Spring Football Practice