Florida Basketball #5 in AP
By Thomas Garvey WCJB-TV 20 Sports
One week after falling from #1 to #3 in the Associated Press' college basketball poll, The University of Florida basketball team finds itself heading in the wrong direction again. After a loss Saturday to LSU, the Gators dropped to the #5 spot in this week's rankings. With no remaining games scheduled against ranked teams, the Gators need strong showings in their final two games, and in the SEC tournament to hold onto the hope of a number one seed in the NCAA tournament.
After a win over previously #1-ranked Wisconsin, Ohio State takes over the top ranking with Wisconsin dropping to #4. UCLA jumps from the forth spot to #2 while Kansas finds its way into the top 5, jumping from #6 to #3.
- Florida Men's Basketball Downs Golden Flashes
- Florida Basketball Romps Rhode Island
- Bye Bye Shy: Larry Shyatt Leaves Florida Basketball To Take Wyoming Head Coaching Job
- Lights-Out Shooting as Florida Basketball Defeats UAB 79-61
- The Maturation of a Team: Now or Never For Florida Basketball
- Florida Mens Basketball Facing Tough Opponents Early
- Florida Mens Basketball Tops Air Force
- College of Central Florida Women's Basketball Downs Santa Fe
- Florida Basketball Prepares for Final Regular Season Game vs. Kentucky
- Florida To Meet LSU Basketball In SEC Tourney Quarterfinals