Gators Show Off at Combine
By Thomas Garvey WCJB-TV 20 Sports
As the Florida Gators prepare for spring football practice on March 21st, 13 of the 2007 BCS National Champion Gators spent the week in Indianapolis working out for NFL coaches and scouts at the annual NFL Scouting Combine. Needless to say, the pressure is on these players as their future football careers depend largely on how they do in Indy.
According to NFL.com, Dallas Baker had a strong showing running a 4.58 40-yard dash, recording a 36-inch vertical, and recorded one of the longest broad jumps at 10' 9". Deshawn Wynn also had a good showing running the 7th-fastest 40-yard dash among RBs with a 4.48. That speed combined with his size should spark some interest among NFL teams. On the defensive side of the ball, Jarvis Moss had the 9th-longest broad jump at 10' and the 6th-fastest 40-yard dash at 4.70, while Reggie Nelson ran a 4.48 40-yard dash, 20th among defensive backs.
The former Gators will have another chance to impress scouts and move up the draft on Wednesday, March 7th at the Florida Pro Day in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- Gator Softball Throws a Combine Perfect Game
- Pitchers Throw Combined Shutout as Gator Baseball Beats UCF
- Florida Shows Off No-Huddle at First Spring Football Practice
- Muschamp Expects Older Players to Show Maturity On, Off Field
- Students show abilities by combining art and science
- Tim Walton Kicks 3 Gator Softball Players Off Team, Gators Lose Regional Opener
- Wilbekin Shows No Signs of Rust In Gators Debut, Beating JU 86-60
- Gators Remove Hernandez All-American Brick, New Photos Allegedly Show Hernandez With Gun
- Former Gator Camilo Villegas Shows Skin, Workout Regiment
- Gator Football Takes Show on The Road